Thursday 23 February 2012

The Bubble Gum Effect - Trip Williams on Relationships

It's not very often I will speak on such matters of the heart.  Especially when I'm trying to explain my views on how life works. There are thousands of experts out there and the websites and blogs are filled with them.  Nope - I'm just simply trying to explain MY view on relationships.  Oh yeah..., this is the male version.

I first spoke of this Bubble Gum Effect at my sons wedding.  Not very often a grooms father will stand and try to explain what happened in his sons' life, that created the unlikely event allowing himself to become ensnared by a woman.  Yeah - that's right; you heard me!  Ensnared!

Don't get me wrong, I think marriage is a beautiful thing when you have just that right partner and I sure don't want to be predisposed to the idea that this young lass is not the right one for my son. However..., like most men,; he did not understand the Bubble Gum Effect and that can lead to a moments indecisiveness and there you have it.  Yup - wedding bells!

Before I explain the Bubble Gum Effect, I must first state that as a man, we really want to just enjoy life and continue to have the finer things that is associated with a good living.  Yes, women are a part of it but really... to settle down with one? I'm not sold.  After all, I was first introduced this phenomenon at a very young young age and I too succumbed to the wiles of a girl and I..., was ensnared.  That was fortunately short lived and I have gone on in my life to enjoy  a happier and simpler existence. Yup... I'm chewing my bubble-gum!

The Bubble Gum Effect.


When us young men are first venturing out into the world and experiencing life from this new perspective as a hormone charged male supper propagator, we find the candy bowl.  That's right... a bowl full of delicious and sweetly wrapped candy know as women.  Think of it as Double-Bubble Bubble Gum.

You select this sweet morsel from hundreds of prospective bubble-gums; and, you smell it. Hmmm...... it smells so sweet and delicious!  Then you unwrap her.  As the fabrics of the wrapper unfold to reveal the mouth watering tasty treat inside, you start to drool.  Then comes the first taste - you are overwhelmed!  As you chew this incredibly delectable explosion of adventure and delight that cascades across your senses; one may forget that this is only a treat and that one can only savor this for a short time.

That's right - the flavor starts to fade.

Now some men, or rather boys, experience  a less than favorable shift in their mood.  The flavor is loosing its' hold.  You are coming back into that world of reality and realize that YOU as a young proud member of the male species; want more!!!  That's right!  We want another treat!

Some boys do not recognize the fact that there is a whole bowel full of tasty treats out there waiting for us.  No..., some of us are not wise in the world and we become fearful! We must have that pleasure again!  So we marry the girl.  Fairly easy catch on her part wouldn't you say?  Kind of like a black widow.  In some respects - very similar.  The joys and pleasures experienced are slowly held back - taunting us and guiding us to do your bidding. Then, over time, we loose our man-hood and become lost.  Lost to the wiles of that woman and in so become lost to ourselves! Some men are even... when, do I need to say more?? Ewhhh... nasty thought - it makes me shiver just thinking about it.

Now some men, they see that bowl of candy and they know that as the taste fades, there is only one thing left to do.  Spit her out!  That's right - toss her to the curb and get another one!  Yeah baby... that's what I'm talking about!  Life is once more good and pure and just the way it's suppose to be! Your Zen has returned!

But as time goes on, you encounter that one woman who has had her bubble-gum spat the ground a time or two or fifty...! She now is wise in your moods and the ways of the gum.  Just when you're ready to spit her out - she, DISTRACTS YOU!

As her gum is tossed whimsically to the ground..., she lures you back in and guess what happens?  That's right!  You step on her gum!  Have you ever stepped on gum?  Seriously... it's GUM!  It sticks to your foot and you can't get it off! So once again, we as men get ensnared; and then the wedding bells chime....

So there you have it ladies.  At least one of us males are on to you females and we recognize the fact that life is a bowel of bubble-gum and we, the proud dominant species of this world; become reduced to a little trinket carrying, gum-stuck fool. I may not be popular for spreading this little secret to all the men out there but I feel I owe it to them.  You know, as the 'One who has gone before', sort of thing.  Yeah, it's a guy thing; but that's the way I see it.  Welcome to the world of the Bubble Gum Effect!

Trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment